Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Restaurant Review- Guido's at the Cliff House

The 4 of us went to Guido's for my 40th birthday dinner. The Cliff House has the fancy restaurant upstairs, (which was empty at 7pm on a Tuesday night), and they also have their "bistro" downstairs (Guido's) along with a bar. The views of Tacoma are still cool but the food isn't as expensive as upstairs. I really wanted a good cheesburger and it is tough to find one in Federal Way that isn't a chain restaurant or a bar.

We started with garlic bread and some some wings. They were OK but they didn't give us much of either. I ordered the cheeseburger which was exactly what I wanted. It was really good but the fries were just OK. I was hoping for homemade fries but I am pretty sure these were frozen. Joey had a BLT salmon burger which was pretty good but the salmon was a little overdone. Meg has a steak that had a lot of steak sauce on it but she said it was pretty good. Jess had a chicken piccata pasta dish that was pretty good. Prices were $12 for the burger to $16 for the steak which is a really good deal. I think we will probably go their again. It feels like a fancy restaurant but it really isn't and the prices are reasonable.

No comments: