Monday, July 13, 2009

Mount Fremont


I had the day off so Jess and I climbed to Fremont Lookout from Sunrise on Mount Rainier. It was not the best day to do it because of a cold wind and off and on light rain. I did get a lot of cool pictures of the clouds zipping around Rainier. Unfortunately most of the time we were in the clouds.


Last Friday, the boys left with Nana to go to the beach for the weekend so Meg and I had a chance to go out alone. We went to the Boeing wine club wine contest and did some judging and then went to Kell's in Post Alley to watch the Stoutpounders. Saturday we did a lot of yard work and then bought a new stereo receiver and surround sound speakers for our family room. On Sunday, we did some errands and I picked a lot of raspberries to make some wine. I ended up only getting enough for 3 gallons after picking here and at Nana's. I also made 1 gallon of Lapin cherry wine and 3 gallons of bing cherry wine this week. Today after our hike, I failed to find any U pick raspberry places in Puyallup. I am going to have to live with just 3 gallons this year.


Next weekend is the Delano family reunion near Pike's peak in Colorado. We fly out Friday afternoon.

No comments: