Sunday, June 26, 2011

We are in Boston!

I have again been a bad blogger so I don't feel right about switching to Boston even though we just spent our first night here. First I better catch everyone up really quick.

It was a very busy end of the year. Both the boys had perfect report cards and Jess got his first 4 point ever. We let Jess have an end of the year BBQ for about 20 of his friends. Joe graduated from 5th grade. His kid graduation party will have to wait until later in the summer. I took the Friday off and went to his 5th grade graduation which was pretty fun.

I am still riding my bike to work. 380 miles in May and 220 miles in June. This last week we had too much going on and I really missed it.

Jess has passed drivers ed and is a pretty good driver but now he needs to wait for his birthday in January which is already hampering his summer plans. I think he is going to be riding his bike all over federal way this summer. We spent the last week before leaving on vacation going to a lot of doctor and dentist appts. It would be really nice if he could drive.

Our old cat Lucy has been having problems the last few months, seeing, hearing, walking and got really really skinny. I had to take her in to have her put down before our vacation. It was a lot harder than I thought. She had been in our family for 16 years.

Last weekend the boys went with the scouts to their annual shooting sports outing at Blewett Pass. Meg and I took that chance to get away to Oregon. We did some wine tasting and sight seeing around Hood River. We really like the area and think about buying some property for retirement if it wasn't so far away from our current home or Stretch Island.

OK- now you are caught up. Meg will probably post pics and the story of our first day after breakfast.

No comments: