Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Date night

So Jess is at Camp Parsons and Joe is at Nana's. We had a night to ourselves with nothing planned. I left work at 3 and rode my bike from the Renton plant to the Mount Baker light rail station. I intended to ride all the way downtown but I couldn't resist trying out the light rail. They had a hook on the ceiling to hang bikes and it only cost $2 to get downtown. Very convenient but it really isn't much different from any other cities light rails that I have been on. It just needs to get extended to make it more useful.

I met Meg at her work and we drove over to pike place. We had happy hour drinks and some appetizers at Zig Zag which is on the hill climb. We had some half price fancy cocktails that were really good. We then stopped at the wine tasting place in Post alley next to Kells and tried a flight of Rose. For dinner, we walked up 1st to Black Bottle in Belltown. It is a "small plate" place where we had boar ribs, mashed potatoes wrapped in prosciutto and brie leek flatbread. It was excellent and we wanted to try more except we were full. This is going on our favorite restaurant list and I am sure we will be back.

Tonight (Wed.) we have a wine making class and then on Thursday night I am going out to Parsons for the last 2 nights of scout camp.

No comments: