Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yellow Plum Wine

Last Winter during the snow, I was wandering around the fields near our house and I found this old basketball hoop in a small clearing in the trees. It was really surreal. Here is the link my post on it last December.
http://nylandblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/december-snow.html

So last weekend, I was out in the same field picking blackberries and I found myself at the same basketball hoop. It was surrounded by yellow plum trees and the plums were really sweet. Yesterday, I picked 10 pounds of plums and made a couple gallons of wine. I figure that the actual wine cost will be about 40 cents per bottle.

Jess is at Young Life camp and Joe is at Grammy Ann's this week until Thursday or so. Tonight I am going to ride my bike downtown to meet Meg for dinner or something.

1 comment:

Bill Nyland said...

Update- The Yellow Plum Wine didn't turn out. It tasted and smelled really bad so I just threw it out.