Monday, August 30, 2010

JoeyCol es diferente


In Mazatlan, the boys got to like the local cola TonyCol. It is a Mexican version of Vanilla Coke. We brought some Mexican vanilla home and planned to try to copy TonyCol. My version didn't quite work out. It was a little too sweet and I never really got it fizzy enough. But I am really proud of my JoeyCol label!! I will have to try again...

On the wine side, currently I have 5 gallons of nectarine wine fermenting. In bulk aging carboys, besides the zin, cab, syrah and merlot from last fall, I have 5 gallons of peach, 6 gallons of apricot, 2 gallons of strawberry, 4 gallons of bing cherry, 1 gallon of red plum, 1 gallon of mint wine, 1 gallon of blueberry. I also have 5 gallons of skeeter pee- a cross between hard lemonade and lemon wine. I just bottled 4 bottles of yellow rose petal wine and 5 bottles of carrot wine.

In the wine cellar we have blackberry, raspberry, cranberry, bartlett pear, crimson pear, sauvegnion blanc, pinot noir, blueberry, rhubarb, and a few other misc bottles. Meg is upset with all the fruit wine everywhere because she is worried we won't have room for her "real" wine. We have some drinking to do and will need some help...

No comments: