Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday in London with Davis's

We met Haley and Ross, JP, and Joel and Melissa for breakfast at a
great restaurant in the Burough market (very cool market!!). We had
lots of British treats like bubble & squeak, streaky bacon, grilled
tomatoes, and black pudding. After breakfast, Bill and Joel left to
meet Haley's father-in-law Ralph, who was taking them for pints and a
football match. Haley, Melissa, JP and I set off to walk the city.
Boy, did we walk.....millenium bridge, Covent garden, Leicester, Soho,
Oxford circus, and marylebone, then back to the Paddington for me, to
meet Bill. Very fun to see so many different neighborhoods, and I
definitely worked off my proper British breakfast! Tomorrow is the
wedding garden party. Oh yeah, I've given up the posh hat idea, after
talking to Haley and realizing the party will be quite casual (the
groom may wear jeans).

No comments: