Monday, October 25, 2010

Wine weekend

Grapes were picked Friday morning at both vineyards where we are getting grapes from. The day started for me at 4 am as I drove the truck overand brought back 2500 lbs of grapes from Kestrel vineyards. 250 lbs of the Cab Franc belonged to us. We also got 400 lbs of Cab Sauv. from Destiny Ridge in Horse Heaven Hills. We crushed with the Boeing Wine Club and got our Grapes home by 7pm. We need to get last years wine bottled so we have room for this stuff in our carboys when it is done fermenting.

Saturday, we went to a wedding in Tacoma of one of my second cousins. One of the strangest weddings I have ever been to with the groom and family all preaching during the service. Not my type of wedding or even relationship but everyone seemed really happy so I am trying not to judge.

Sunday was a lazy day watching football and playing with wine. Excited to go to San Francisco next week with Joe....

No comments: