Monday, July 25, 2011

summer

I have found when you don't blog enough, then the blog posts are just jumbled posts of what we have done instead of interesting stuff. But in order to document out summer, I must tell what happened the last couple of weeks.

Jess came back from leadership camp and is very "inspired". He has spend the last couple of weeks hanging out with friends and planning activities to keep him away from home. He is going to friend's cabins and hiking trips that will help him obtain his goal of not sleeping in his own bed more than a few days this summer.

Joe has been to golf camps the last couple of weeks and is "all golfed out" so he hasn't been able to show me how improved he is.
The weekend of July 9-10 we went out to Stretch Island and had a fun time but the weather wasn't the best. We still haven't been to the beach on a weekend where we could go swimming yet. hopefully Aug 6-7 will be nice. Jess and I finished the weekend for dinner Sunday at the Bite of Seattle.

Last Saturday, Joe and Meg and I hiked Rattlesnake Ledge in the morning, had lunch at the Renton River Days. Meg and I then went to dinner in Seattle and watched the "Stoutpounders" Irish band with our friends. Sunday I took the boys to summer camp up near Mt. Vernon. I have to work Monday and Tuesday but then I will spend the rest of the week up there. After dropping the boys off up North, Meg and I went to dinner down on the Fed Way waterfront at Saltys. Great to eat on a deck and able to take an after dinner walk and watch the sunset over the water. We are both sun burned from the weekend.

Today, I rode my bike all the way from home again (54 bunnies). By the way, I don't think I posted that the new all time record is 77 bunnies. I am going to ride to Seattle after work and meet Meg for dinner. Again- I like the one way riding and I always make sure that the bike rack is on Meg's car.

No comments: