Tuesday, August 9, 2011

more summer

At least I blog more than my brother....
OK, updates....
Boy Scout summer camp was really fun. The camp wasn't the fanciest camp we went to but the kids had a great time. I went for most of the week and wish I had enough vacation for the whole week. Next year, Meg and I are still planning 2 weeks in Italy for our 20th wedding anniversary so I need to save as much vacation as I can.

After summer camp, Joe took off to Grammy Ann's and Jess went to a friends cabin in Winthrop. I did a lot of bike riding and meeting Meg in Seattle for dinner after work. Last weekend, we went to Michelle's birthday in Bothell which was really fun. We had a seafood pot boil that we are going to have to try at our house. Maybe for Joe's birthday in September.

This weekend we are going camping to Sun Lakes in Eastern Washington with Michelle and Scot. Looking forward to driving fast in Scot's speed boat. Next weekend we will probably be at the beach house. Weekends for August are all taken up and it will be mid- sept before we spend another weekend in Auburn.

Joe has decided to learn to play the saxophone. We rented one a couple of weeks ago so he can have a head start before middle school starts. Jess is still playing trumpet and bass guitar. Hard to get him to practice trumpet but he is constantly playing the bass and getting really good.
This week he is at Ignite camp at school teaching him how to be a mentor to incoming High School Freshman.

It is fruit season now which means I am busy making fruit wine. I bought some apricots, nectarines, and plums. I made the apricot wine last night and the other fruit is ripening up in the back room. Just ordered a groupon for a box of peaches so I will have at least 5 gallons of 4 different fruits and that translates to about 100 bottles of wine. I just bottled some apple wine and strawberry wine that I made last spring. The grapes are ripening slow but we hope to be crushing in late September and we are crossing our fingers it doesn't interfere with our trip to New Orleans in Mid-October.

No comments: